Friday, October 9, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 70/Half Time

Today marks the end of the 10th week on the Optimum Anabolics program. If I did my math right, that puts me right at the half way point. 10 weeks down, 10 to go.

Despite not yet exploding into the Incredible Hulk, I am pleased with where I'm at (except for the heel pain) and am really enjoying the
Optimum Anabolics workouts. My past experience with other programs would have me getting rather bored at this point. Not the case at all here. I'm looking forward to another 10 weeks. In case you're wondering, that's the week before Christmas. Have you started your shopping yet? (~:

Ok, here is what the measuring devices had to say followed by a few progress photos:

MEASUREMENTS:

Weight: 183.0 LBS (UP 1.5 LBS for week, UP 3.5 LBS total)
BF: 9.5% (according to the calipers I have) (NO CHANGE for week, UP 1.4% total)
Neck: 16" (NO CHANGE for week, UP 1/2" total)
Chest: 39-3/4" (NO CHANGE for week, UP 1/4" total)
Shoulders: 47" (UP 1/2" for the week, DOWN 1/2" total)
Biceps: 13-1/2" (NO CHANGE
for week, NO CHANGE total)
Waist: 33-1/2" (UP 1/4 for week, UP 3/4" total)
Thighs: 20" (NO CHANGE for week, UP 1/4" total)
Calves: 15-1/4" (UP 1/4" for week, UP 1/4" total)
Adonis Effect: 1.403 (UP 0.012 for the week, DOWN 0.010 total)



































































WORKOUT - CARDIO (HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING)

This morning's intervals were done on the stationary bike for 28 minutes.

Continued to work on getting faster at the Flying Romans.


Here are today's Flying Roman results (3 intervals, 15 per leg):
  • 30 seconds
  • 28 seconds(!)
  • 27 seconds(!)
Comments:

As I mentioned yesterday, now that I have cracked the 30 second mark on the Roman's, next week I'll set the timer for 30 seconds and see how many I can do.

Not much soreness to speak of today. I'm fine with that since this is part of the lighter cycle.

Left heel is still sore and I'm still favoring it. Progress? I'll describe it as "no change".

Cardio over the weekend will continue to be bike rides only to rest the foot.

Calves and feet got stretched for 2 minutes per side today.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN (PLUS 1)

Post workout this morning I again went with a 1 egg and 2 egg white omelet. Mixed in was yellow pepper and red onion sauteed in coconut oil. I topped the omelet off with 2 oz of raw organic sharp cheddar cheese and a few shakes of Louisiana Hot Sauce.

Mid-morning, I snacked on 1/2 c Greek style yogurt mixed up with ground flax seed and 1/3 scoop of plain whey protein isolate powder.

At lunch time, me and 3 co-workers headed out to Champps restaurant. I studied the menu on line ahead of time and opted for the Greek salad with grilled chicken and the dressing on the side. Turned out to be a great salad served in a bowl that was the size of a bathtub. Anyone know the Greek term for "Hugh Jass"? (~:

My lunch salad was so large and satisfying that I decided to skip my afternoon snack.

We relaxed a bit at dinner and re-heated the chili that Christina made earlier in the week. Chili and Fall weather go so well together. For some added nutrition, I steamed up a plateful of fresh broccoli from the farmer's market, drizzled it with Udo's Oil, and sprinkled it with sea salt. Awesome.

30g of whey protein isolate and a cup or so of water went down the hatch just before bed.


1 comment:

  1. Only 10 weeks until Christmas? Wow, that coming up fast.

    Your biceps...amazing.

    I know your stretching your calves and feet, but have you tried massage? Some myofascial work on your calves might really help.

    I love Udo's Oil.

    Hugh Ass in Greek: τεράστια γάιδαρος

    ReplyDelete