Thursday, October 15, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 76/Choices, Choices

With the approach of winter another season is also upon us...the so-called flu season. Time to get your flu shot, right? And the swine flu (H1N1) vaccine, too, yes?


I have my own (very strong) opinions regarding the seasonal flu, swine flu, and their respective vaccines. Lately I have found that, for the most part, it's an all or nothing game. You're either for the vaccinations or you're not.


Which side of the fence do you fall on?


No matter where you stand, I *highly* recommend you check out the following resources and come to your own conclusions. If you only have time (10 minutes) to check out one item, watch the video embedded in the first link.


http://renegadehealth.com/blog/2009/10/15/does-the-flu-vaccine-work/

http://www.naturalnews.com/027239_vaccines_flu_vaccine_.html

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200911/brownlee-h1n1


Wishing health, both short and long term, to all of you.



WORKOUT - CARDIO (HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING)

This morning's intervals were done on the stationary bike for 28 minutes.

Flying Romans were done for time (30 seconds) today rather than repetitions.

Here are today's Flying Roman results (3 intervals, 15 per leg):
  • 33 (17 one leg, 16 the other)
  • 34 (17 per leg)
  • 33 (17 one leg, 16 the other)
Comments:

Not much soreness to speak of today...just a some stiffness here and there.

Left heel is still sore and I'm still favoring it. I have noticed that if I put full weight on it when walking, the pain lessens somewhat and the stiffness also diminishes. Interesting...

Calves and feet got stretched for 1 minute per side today. I'm also incorporating some hamstring stretches by sitting on the floor with legs out and grabbing my feet. The objective is to try and loosen up my entire leg musculature.


DIET - HIGH PROTEIN (PLUS 1)

After my intervals this morning, I took the smoothie route for breakfast. Today's "toffee" smoothie had:
  • 1 C chilled Cafe Brioso coffee
  • 1 C Snowville Creamery whole milk
  • 1 big scoop of plain whey protein isolate powder
  • 2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 TBS coconut milk
  • 1 TBS Udo's Oil blend
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
Mid-morning, I had a 1/2 cup of yogurt mixed up with 4 tsp of ground flax seed and 1/3 scoop of whey protein isolate.

Lunch was cashew chicken salad (modified to lower the carbs by deleting the noodles) from Dr. Hyman's book The Ultra-Metabolism Cookbook.

For a snack this afternoon, I went with one of my homemade protein bars and a few Brazil nuts.

Leftover chicken parmigiana and roasted spaghetti squash along with some steamed Brussels sprouts made the plate for dinner.

After roasting our sweet potato for later pie making, I stuck 1C of whole milk in the warm oven and mixed in my whey protein isolate powder as a snack before bed. Mmmm...warm milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment