Monday, October 19, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 80/Poofy Product Review

As some of you know, my skin, at times, can be as dry as a mouthful of saltine crackers and look like the bottom of a drought-stricken lake in August. This condition has me on a continuous search for the best lotion available...particularly come winter time.

To make things even more interesting, my lotion must now be all but toxin free and preferably organic.
The thought process behind this is that your skin is your largest organ and absorbs nearly everything around it or put on it into your body. If I'm putting less and less chemical crap into my mouth, I felt I best be doing the same with my skin. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if the lotion is not edible (not in the gourmet meal sense), it's not going on my skin. No more methyl paraben for me, please.

Following a link from Annie D. over at
enLightened Life, I stumbled on Poofy Organics and purchased their unscented hand and body lotion. Check out the ingredient list:

Distilled water, organic sweet almond oil, organic shea butter, organic vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, organic rosemary extract. Scented lotions contain organic & natural essential oils, benzoin gum.

Short and sweet. Just the way I like it.

I can blow through an 8 oz bottle pretty quickly, so I was hesitant to fork over $13 plus shipping but I wanted to at least give it a shot.

I was not disappointed.

The lotion was extremely thick which meant that just a little covered a whole lotta body. It was also very effective in keeping my leather crack-free. The best part for this guy...no stinky perfume! The fact that the product comes with an expiration date is an added bonus. You know it's fresh!

I have some other products in line to be tested but would not hesitate to order from Poofy Organics again in the future.

WORKOUT - LEGS

All 3 supersets of the
Week 12, Day 3 workout were leg related.

Superset 1: Leg Extensions, Reverse DB Lunges
Superset 2: Standing Calf Raises, Dead Lifts

Superset 3: Donkey Calf Negatives, Bulgarian Split Squats


Total Time => 39:22


Comments:

Lunges kicked my butt today.

Even better this week at the Bulgarian split squats. Just about have the weight dialed in.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN (PLUS 1)

Post workout breakfast was 2 eggs over easy in coconut oil which I chopped up over a "white death" roll topped with Louisiana hot sauce. For carbs (and some extra protein), I got the blender going with a "banana berry" smoothie:
  • 1C almond milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1C frozen strawberries
  • 1TBS Udo's Oil Blend
  • 1 scoop plain whey protein isolate powder
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 handfuls of ice
Snack this morning was 1/2C of plain yogurt with 4 tsp ground flax seed and 1/3 scoop of whey protein isolate powder.

At lunch time, I had a big salad of spinach, arugula, carrots, tomato, green onion, celery, parsley, red pepper, and zucchini followed by the last piece of tahini meatloaf. To dress the salad I mixed up 1 TBS almond butter, 2 TBS lime juice, 2 TBS almond milk, and 1/2 tsp chili powder.


This afternoon, I had a 1/2C of cottage cheese and raw walnuts, Brazil nuts, almonds, and cashews for a snack.


We've been grooving on the pan-browned fish (mahi-mahi is our current favorite) recipe from
The Ultra Metabolism Cookbook so we thought "what the heck? Let's have it again!". On the side we pan-roasted sliced yellow squash in a couple tablespoons of "butter" with lemon pepper. Dessert was a few pieces of left over roasted kabocha squash. Perfect!

Just before bed, I slammed 30g of whey protein isolate powder mixed in a cup or so of water.


No comments:

Post a Comment